Political thought and ideologies
I am presently a DPhil candidate in International Relations at St Antony’s College, University of Oxford, and a recipient of the DPIR Studentship. My dissertation is at the intersection of the history of international thought, Fascist Studies, and the disciplinary history of International Relations. Specifically, I aim to recover the ruminations of prominent Anglophone fascists on matters of international affairs and as to how such figures were positioned within, impacted by, or indeed upon, the debates occupying interwar commentators on international relations. Aside from such research interests, I am also concerned with the study of international order and the English School of International Relations.
Prior to my DPhil candidacy, I completed a BA (Honours) at the University of Queensland and the MPhil in International Relations at the University of Oxford, the latter as a Governor Phillip Scholar. In addition, I have previously been employed as a research and tutorial assistant by the School of Political Science and International Studies at the University of Queensland, alongside acting as an intern with the Asia-Pacific Centre for the Responsibility to Protect.
Teaching specialism, interests and experience
Tutoring experience (undergraduate level):
- Introduction to Peace and Conflict Analysis at the University of Queensland (2019)
- International Relations of the Twentieth Century at the University of Queensland (2019)
- Terrorism and Insurgency in World Politics at the University of Queensland (2019)
Other teaching experience:
- MediaWarX (Global Media, War and Technology) operated online by the University of Queensland (2017-2020)
- Department of Politics and International Relations Studentship (2021-2023)
- St Antony's College Travel and Research Grant (2021)
- Governor Phillip Scholarship (2019-2021)
- University Medal (2019)
- University of Queensland Dean’s Scholars Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
- Univeristy of Queensland Dean’s Commendation for Academic Excellence (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
- University of Queensland Summer Research Scholarship (2018)
- Warren Braxton Bannister Undergraduate Bursary in Social Science, Political Science and Government (2017)
- University of Queensland Short-Term Study Travel Grant (2016)
Allen, Kye J (2021) 'An Anarchical Society (of Fascist States): Theorising Illiberal Solidarism', Review of International Studies, 1-21. doi:10.1017/S0260210521000437.
Bhattacharya, Shreya and Kye J Allen, 'Is the Charter Cities Moment Here?' OxPol, Department of Politics and International Relations, University of Oxford, 30 October 2020, https://blog.politics.ox.ac.uk/is-the-charter-cities-moment-here/.