Why study with us
- The Department of Politics and International Relations receives the highest rankings for Politics in UK and international university guide subject league tables and is top-ranked in national research and teaching assessments.
- The University of Oxford is distinctive in using a wide range of methods to deliver teaching, with a focus on individual and small-group tuition. Our programmes complement tutorials with class and seminar provision in order to diversify and maintain teaching excellence and to provide students with a variety of learning experiences.
- Oxford was ranked first in the world in the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings for 2017, 2018 and 2019. It is in the highest tier for Social Science subjects internationally.
- Oxford is the oldest university in the English-speaking world. It combines the best of history with contemporary thinking, offering outstanding facilities, such as the Bodleian Library and all the benefits of college life.
- The Department of Politics and International Relations prides itself on the theoretical pluralism and intellectual breadth of its large faculty of first-rate academics.
- Oxford is renowned for the quality and diversity of its research and offers lively academic debate in an international environment. It is consistently ranked number 1 in the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings.
- We encourage an interdisciplinary perspective and a plurality of research methods, striving our utmost to enable students to follow their own interests while giving them an excellent grounding in their chosen discipline and an advanced understanding of the tools available to them.
- Our graduate programmes attract the highest quality students from around the world and our courses are always over-subscribed.
- Oxford’s vantage point and distinctly global outlook attracts a plethora of internationally renowned visitors, including presidents and prime ministers, academics, policy makers and commentators, who come to Oxford to talk about the great issues of the day. Oxford gives its students a unique opportunity to create a network of worldwide links that is vital in building a successful career.
- Our alumni progress to successful careers in many walks of life, including academia, policy-making, journalism, business, or the non-profit sector.
What our Students say about DPIR.