What do I need to apply?
You can find detailed information about the application process in the Application Guide. An application consists of:
- a completed application form;
- a statement of purpose (for the MPhil) or a research proposal (for the DPhil and the MSc);
- three academic references;
- transcripts of previous higher education degree results;
- a CV;
- two pieces of written work, on a political science or international relations theme;
- an IELTS or TOEFL test certificate at the higher level (for applicants who do not speak English as a native language only).
Please consult the Application Guide for further information.
The University requires candidates to apply online and their referees to submit online references. Paper applications are only acceptable in exceptional cases where it is not possible for you to apply online. You should consult the Application Guide for full details.
To access the online application system, which is hosted by Embark on behalf of the University, please visit www.graduate.ox.ac.uk/applyonline